Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 10, Sunday funday


Sunday Juju and I woke up, watched TV went and got brunch. We went to a typical looking casual dining type place not far from our hotel. Looked at the picture menu and for some reason fried chicken wings and white toast with fruit salad sounded good to me haha. We also got radish cakes (standard dim sum item) and a pineapple bun, the famous Hong Kong pastry! It’s supposed to be one of the most unhealthy things you can eat in HK. The “pineapple” is actually just sugar, eggs, flour, and lard pressed on top of a bun to look like a pineapple. Then they also put a large pat of butter inside. It is tasty….Juju and I shared one, don’t worry! hahaha
After brunch, we went to get our hair done at a salon Juju visited before that she felt was a good price. Place is playing hip hop music, everyone is wearing black, definitely trendier than the little in home salon I went to in Beijing! A lot of the hairdressers in Hong Kong have you pay different prices depending on if it’s a new stylist, intermediate, or master. I went for the low end since I was just getting a wash and flat iron. Juju got her hair dyed and cut. She said the last time she came, she splurged on the master stylist, but he didn’t speak Mandarin or English :-/ She said it didn’t matter anyway, because since he’s a “master” he wouldn’t listen to her objections or ideas about her hair!! Geez. I had a Mandarin & English speaker wash my hair, but then the person straightening only spoke Canto. Darn! Juju’s stylist was really cool and helpful and spoke all 3 languages thankfully. Everything turned out fine for both of us. Cost was more than Beijing, I think about $12 USD.
Then we met up with the boys, headed to a café--chatted, read magazines, and had some smoothies and pizza. I picked up a wedding mag to enjoy the photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment